Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fruit Quest! (Game Review)

Sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the windshield. In this case, the bug hit the windshield, bounced off, flew back again, and got smashed up pretty good.

With a name like Fruit Quest!, I wasn't sure if this was about slicing fruits, a slot machine, or three-in-a-row. I think it is a match-three game, but I don't know.

Strike 1: When the game booted up, it wanted me to log in to Facebook. With no option otherwise, So I thought about it, and said okay, and then went through a series of dialogs. At least they were nice enough to ask if I would let them post to my Facebook and I said no!

Strike 2: But then, when I was finished doing all that, this is what came up on the screen.






And that's all I got, no matter what. So my guess is that this game wasn't targeted at Firefox OS Phones and isn't responsive to the ZTE Open phone screen size. I haven't had this problem before with a game, so I don't know the story. 

All I know is it didn't work. This game looks like it is also available on iOS and Android, but it isn't quite ready for prime time here, even if it is in the Firefox OS store. 

Strike 3: It looks like it is free but on the other platforms, it looks like it is free but they'll offer you the choice of paying more if you want to continue playing. I know that's a big trend, but I don't like it. I'd much rather have a trial and then pay if I want the full version!

So three strikes, and I think this means I have to rate it as a 0 (zero) because it didn't work, it forced me to add them to my Facebook, and I don't like the idea of having to pay while I'm playing (although I don't think you can pay for anything in the Firefox OS Marketplace anyway).


Cost: Free
Genre: Match Three
Score: 0 (out of 5)
Tested on: ZTE Open (Firefox OS)
Get it at: Firefox Marketplace

No comments:

Post a Comment